Friday, August 31, 2012

First day of school

Yesterday was the first day of school for me this year. For the past 26 years I've been Whitney Holstun; Miss H for the last 4 of being a teacher. Yesterday was the first time I was called "Mrs. Castellanos" and "Mrs. C" officially by my kids. Walking around and hearing "Hi Miss H!" and correcting them "No, remember I got married so its Mrs. C now" was fun and we all giggled...however when by the end of the day I had students coming up to me and saying "Mrs. C where should I put this?" it was strange. The matter-of-fact way the kids said my new name still made me smile inside because its so new to me. I love being Whitney Castellanos now, I wonder how long it will take to feel as though Mrs. Castellanos is just normal...guess we shall see! :-) I love my job! Can't wait to start PE next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment