Monday, November 19, 2012

My first photo shoot....as the photographer!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking engagement pictures for my brother-in-law, Morgan, and his fiance Laura. I went to bed early, because I knew we were getting up early and wanted to be rested. I dreamt about taking pictures of them...and work up at 4:30..so much for being rested. I was so excited, and very nervous. Engagement pictures are a big deal..if they are good, I'm safe, if they are horrible, I'm gonna feel really bad! Any of you who know me, know that my Dad is an AMAZING photographer, so I have some big shoes to fill and high expectations to live up to. 

We started at the beach in Carlsbad, I started snapping away because I figure the more pictures I take the better chance I have of getting at least one good one. After about 20 minutes they started to relax, as did I and I think the pictures started getting a lot better. A quick change of clothes and short drive to location #2 the railroad track! Once we got here I think the pictures got a lot better...whether it was the lighting, the scene, the clothes, or the previous 2 hours of practice I just had I finally got some really good pictures! 

I was so excited, and I had SO much fun! I hope they like the pictures, and I hope day 2 (next sunday) goes even better! Check some pics out...hope you like them!







No comments:

Post a Comment